The White Eggs Hunter (SANDI)

On August 10, 2021, I went to Kampung Naga (Naga Village) located in Tasikmalaya, West Java. I went with a few staff and students from the faculty by car in the morning. At this pandemic, we are supposed to be at home or not allowed to going anywhere but this one is an exception. We got permission for this trip since we are all in a full dose of vaccination and have to do the health protocols strictly. We travelled from Jatinangor to Kampung Naga for about 2,5 hours. When we arrived, the village was really quiet. All the shops that used to open now were closed. This is the first time I saw the village in this condition, as we knew this village is known as a traditional village that still maintains local wisdom and is also a destination for tourism. We were welcomed by Mr. Cahyan as one of the guides from the locals. He told us about the situation during the pandemic in the village and it was good to hear that no covid-19 infected the locals but still, the economic income of the villagers is decreased. He helped us to do observation in the village especially looking for the Pila snails and their eggs. I was also surprised that the number of the snails and their eggs was quite limited but we made it. There was a small group of eggs and 80 snails we have collected from the rice field. He also invited us to his house to see some varieties of rice that he just harvest. After all the observation, we got to climb the 410 stairs (I was counting by myself back then but I believe there are still some stairs I didn’t count because I run out of breathing) and went back to Jatinangor.



コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

HAZARD VS. RISK-BASED APPROACHES TO PROTECTING HEALTH (ERNEST)

Locust as a source of food and feed (Rahima)

Full vaccination(Sagae)