PERMACULTURE (Arya)

 

Today, I am gonna talk about permaculture. Well, my understanding of permaculture is not so many and I am still studying about it. Permaculture in simple definition is working with nature or the growth of the agricultural system in a sustainable way. Permaculture design is must pay attention to biodiversity, economics, and culture. Usually, the permaculture system uses a small area of land. However, because this nature-based agriculture uses narrow land but the results are still maximum. Mostly, this system is used on a household scale and to meet household needs. Permaculture is now widely developed in terms of design and methods. I learned that several countries such as Germany and the Netherlands have implemented no-dig farming as their agricultural base and the basic concept is almost the same as permaculture. Currently, our lab is studying useful insects such as ladybirds, black soldier fly, and small animals that are useful for agriculture. I think what we learn will be very useful for the development of agricultural systems such as permaculture.

Actually, these two years I am doing organic farming in the same field. I am using the University field for farming activities (this is a university program) and I did this with my Indonesian colleague. We planted a lot of vegetables and grow them naturally without chemicals. We got a lot of harvest from it and I think if we understand how nature works everything will be fine.







コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

HAZARD VS. RISK-BASED APPROACHES TO PROTECTING HEALTH (ERNEST)

Locust as a source of food and feed (Rahima)

Full vaccination(Sagae)