Elephant Foot (Sandi)

 


When I was in my dad’s village, I went to the traditional market there. We bought some stuff, mostly foodstuff for our supply back home in Jakarta. We bought some stuff that can’t be found in Jakarta then I found this big thing as I thought it was Cassava. My dad told me it was “Suweg” in Javanese. This foodstuff is really big and heavy. I’m still curious after buying this then did a little google research about it. So, in International, it’s called Elephant Foot Yam. No wonder it’s called “elephant foot” when you look at this big thing. This foodstuff is in a similar genus as the “Konnyaku” main ingredient, Amorphophallus. For “Konnyaku” itself, it’s called “Porang” in Indonesia. “Porang” and this Elephant Foot Yam really look alike. The simple difference between those is the tuber texture of elephant foot yam is rougher and the color inside of the tuber is orange. Most people in the village eat this elephant foot yam as a substitute for rice or heavy meal. I have tasted it and it was delicious. It’s a very good choice for those who want to start a diet, I think.



コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

HAZARD VS. RISK-BASED APPROACHES TO PROTECTING HEALTH (ERNEST)

Locust as a source of food and feed (Rahima)

Full vaccination(Sagae)